From her studio (photo) Lead Instructor Valerie L. Hall has been instructing students who are seeking professional development that aims at the playing level of the Service Playing Examination.
Engaging topics include:
1. Session on body mechanics at the organ and why practicing at the piano might be better for your general health.
2. Universally hated exercises for playing legato involving two moving parts in one hand.
3. Learning to avoid the crescendo pedal and what happens to organists who accidentally use it!
4. What happens in the audience while the organist searches for the next registration.
5. Upcoming session on The Digital Church with Steve Millar and Chellan Hoffman.
More information at https://www.rcco.ca/Summer-Organ-Academy