Position: Multimedia Developer
The Royal Canadian College of Organists (RCCO) is seeking a Multimedia Developer to design, development and deliver of a wide range of communication content and materials for the promotion of the RCCO and its projects and programs. The successful candidate will contribute positively to the implementation of the RCCO’s Vision and Mission and work collaboratively with team members to help define the brand story and optimize the integration of content throughout the organization’s web platforms and media channels.
- work collaboratively with team members to develop a brand story for the organization and its programs
- design, develop and deliver multimedia graphics for social media platforms
- maintain and enhance existing applications
- assist with the development of a digital database of organs located across Canada
- maintain web- based communication hub
- ensure proper use of design templates, standards, and style sheets
- communicate efficiently and professionally with internal and external partners
Skills and Qualifications*:
- superior verbal and written communication skills
- knowledge of basic audio and video editing techniques
- experience with graphic-design and photo-editing platforms (Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- ability to work with BuddyBoss and WPEngine platforms
- ability to work independently and develop creative ideas for visual presentation and production style
- self-motivated, effective in a team setting and individually
- highly efficient time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- strong capability to multitask and finish assigned projects before deadlines
- post-secondary education
- previous experience in the arts and culture sector an asset
*Note: To be eligible for employment, and in accordance with funding from Canada Summer Jobs, applicants must be; 30 years of age or younger at the start of employment; a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant Ontario legislation and regulations.Organizational Profile:
Founded in 1909, the RCCO is the national voice of the organ and its music across Canada. Our vision is: Inspiring connections with organ music. We support, promote and celebrate Canada’s organ music community by providing learning opportunities, resources, outreach and professional development opportunities through our programs and services. We seek to enrich the lives of Canadians by engaging the wider public in Canada’s rich organ heritage and vibrant organ culture. The RCCO is committed to providing greater access to the organ and its music through technological innovations that can enhance its reach and actively engage Canadians of all genders, ethnicities, age, abilities, or geographic location, in the art of the organ.
Tenure: 30 hours per week for 9 weeks
Wage: $20.00/hr + 4% vacation pay
Start Date: June 5, 2023
Location: The successful candidate will work remotely.
Application Deadline: May 24, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a résumé and cover letter, (combined in a single PDF) to Elizabeth Shannon, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please indicate “Event Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. Deadline to apply is May 24, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
The Royal Canadian College of Organists is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from persons identifying as visible minorities and indigenous heritage. All applicants are thanked for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.