Position: Event Coordinator
The Royal Canadian College of Organists (RCCO) is seeking an Event Coordinator to assist with the planning and delivery of the Summer Organ Academy. (Go here for more information about the Academy.) The Event Assistant will organize, manage, and perform an extensive array of administrative and program support activities on behalf of the Summer Organ Academy project team. The successful candidate will contribute positively to the implementation of the RCCO’s Vision and Mission and work collaboratively with a wide variety of individuals.
- assist with project planning, organizing and coordinating logistics
- assist with communications, marketing and promotion
- provide on-site event support in Toronto from June 26 to July 1, 2023
- provide administrative assistance to the Summer Organ Academy team as needed
- communicate efficiently and professionally with partners
Skills and Qualifications*:
- superior verbal and written communication skills
- highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- self-motivated, effective in a team setting and individually
- highly efficient time-management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- strong capability to multitask and finish assigned projects before deadlines
- post-secondary education
- previous experience in the arts and culture sector an asset
- previous experience with event production an asset
*Note: To be eligible for employment, and in accordance with funding from Canada Summer Jobs, applicants must be; 30 years of age or younger at the start of employment; a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant Ontario legislation and regulations.Organizational Profile:
Founded in 1909, the RCCO is the national voice of the organ and its music across Canada. Our vision is: Inspiring connections with organ music. We support, promote and celebrate Canada’s organ music community by providing learning opportunities, resources, outreach and professional development opportunities through our programs and services. We seek to enrich the lives of Canadians by engaging the wider public in Canada’s rich organ heritage and vibrant organ culture. The RCCO is committed to providing greater access to the organ and its music through technological innovations that can enhance its reach and actively engage Canadians of all genders, ethnicities, age, abilities, or geographic location, in the art of the organ.
The Summer Organ Academy is an exception learning experience for organists of all ages and stages seeking skill development and personal growth. The Academy, which will be held in Toronto from June 26 to July 1 2023 features organ lessons, masterclasses and lectures with leading Canadian and international organists. Click here for more information.
Tenure: 30 hours per week for 9 weeks
Wage: $20.00/hr + 4% vacation pay
Start Date: June 5, 2023
Location: The successful candidate will work remotely but must be available in Toronto from June 26 to July 1, 2023.
Application Deadline: May 24, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a résumé and cover letter, (combined in a single PDF) to Elizabeth Shannon, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please indicate “Event Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. Deadline to apply is May 24, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
The Royal Canadian College of Organists is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from persons identifying as visible minorities and indigenous heritage. All applicants are thanked for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.