The Royal Canadian College of Organists
The Royal Canadian College of Organists (RCCO) seeks an energetic individual to work with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, staff and a membership base of 1,200 members in the capacity of Office Administrator.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office Administrator is responsible for providing office administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the RCCO.
The position requires 20 hours per week.
The ideal candidate should possess good communication and current technology skills. The candidate should be able to work independently with sound judgment and an attention to detail.
Salary to be negotiated based on qualifications and experience.
Please send resume with cover letter attached, highlighting qualifications, and experience. Three references should also be supplied.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 5:00 pm EDT, October 31, 2016.
Applications should be sent to: Elizabeth Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Overall responsibility to provide administrative and clerical services for the day-to-day operations of the RCCO, including support for core functions of its business operations such as membership records, order processing, assistance to the executive director, website and bookkeeping.
Works directly with the Executive Director and the President. Provides administrative assistance for the RCCO Board and committees of the Board and National Council.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
• Receive inquiries (telephone and e-mail) from key stakeholders of the college (members, officers, board members, centre executives and other individuals) and direct or respond
• Type correspondence, reports and other documents
• Maintain office files
• Open and distribute mail
• Process sales orders
• Prepare and issues package for board and council meetings
• Maintain accounting records
• Proof read and edit college documents and communications
• Perform other related duties as required
• Provides administrative assistance for activities across various RCCO programs.
• Contributes to the general management of the RCCO.
• Maintain accurate membership records.
• Process annual membership renewals.
• Maintain and regularly process magazine subscription information.
• As directed, issue appropriate member communications both electronic and paper-based.
• Maintain confidential membership records.
• Monitors RCCO calendar and ensure appropriate notices are issued and deadlines are maintained.
• Maintain and update website.
• Work with Board and National Council committees to streamline processes (scholarship and certification applications, etc.) to maximize use of website/online capabilities.
• Maintain accounting records and provide financial information reports working directly with Executive Director and Treasurer.
• Process payments, invoices and receipts, prepare cheques, make bank deposits.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Demonstrated success in the following:
o Office administrative functions
o Effective written and verbal communication
o Initiative, ability to work independently and sound time management skills
• Solid foundation with office technology: email, file management, websites/website administration, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access.
• Experience with accounting software programmes, preferably QuickBooks
• Ability to work with virtual teams.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Background
• Bilingualism (English and French) is strongly preferred
• Experience or background in the not-for-profit cultural sector
• Musical background is an asset