Job Title: Music Director
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Part-Time (12-14 hours/week)
Salary: In accordance with RCCO Salary Table guidelines
About Us: At Guildwood Community Presbyterian Church, we are a warm and welcoming community dedicated to fostering spiritual growth and celebrating the joy of music in our worship services. We are currently seeking a talented and passionate Music Director to join our church staff and worship team, to help us enrich our worship experiences through the power of music. We have a Classic Allen organ (two keyboard, full pedal board), a Young-Chang grand piano in our sanctuary, an enthusiastic vocal choir, a 5 Octave English handbell choir and program that has been running 50+ years (Established in 1972) and a 3-octave hand chime set. Through meetings, musical performances, fundraising events, recreational activities, and learning for all ages, child to adult, we strive to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ in our world.
Position Overview: As the Music Director at Guildwood Community Presbyterian Church, you will play a pivotal role in enhancing our congregation's spiritual journey through music. You will lead, inspire, and engage our diverse community through music, directing and coordinating our various musical programs and ensembles. Our Church values inclusivity, creativity, faith, and leadership, and we are excited to find a dedicated Music Director who shares our vision.
1. Music Performance: To select, prepare and play organ/piano music as required at Sunday services of worship in addition to other events and services at the Church (Weddings, Funerals, etc)
2. Vocal Choir Direction: Lead, direct, and coordinate our senior and children's church choir, instrumentalists, and vocal ensembles during worship services and special events.
3. Music Selection and Purchases: Collaborate with the minister and other church leaders to select and purchase appropriate musical pieces that complement and enhance the message of our services.
4. Rehearsals: Conduct regular rehearsals to ensure our music groups are well-prepared for performances. Encourage, recruit and support the growth and development of our musical talent (both children and adults)
5. Special Events: Organize and assist with special musical events, such as concerts, holiday services, and community outreach activities.
6. Community Engagement: Foster a sense of community and inclusivity through music by encouraging congregation and community involvement in musical programs.
7. Musical Development: Identify and execute strategies to expand music educations and ministry in the church through adding or enlarging musical opportunities for children and adults.
8. Leadership: Support the Music Ministry of the Church by attending required meetings, setting clear goals to support the growth and maintenance of the music programs, and communicating with the Minister, choirs and their members, music leaders and Session.
How to Apply: If you are excited about the opportunity to serve as our Music Director and believe you are a strong fit for this role, we encourage you to submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your qualifications and your alignment with our church's mission. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proficiency in playing (Organ and Piano) and conducting vocal choirs through a wide range of music genres, both traditional and contemporary.
- Strong leadership, organization, time management and communication skills to motivate and engage our musical volunteers, congregation and Church community.
- Experience in directing and coordinating musical ensembles, with a preference for experience in a faith-based setting.
- The ability to work collaboratively with the Minister, Worship Committee and the Choirs and their leaders.
- A passion for music that transcends boundaries, bringing people together in faith, worship and celebration.
For more information please visit: www.guildwoodchurch.ca
Guildwood Community Presbyterian Church opens our doors to the community each Sunday and with song, music and scripture, we provide comfort, education, and fellowship in the name of God. We welcome people of all genders, races, ethnicities, and sexual orientation. Our ministry empowers us and sends us out as disciples, reaching out to help in our community, city, and the world beyond. We look forward to finding a Music Director who shares our values, dedication to faith, and a passion for using music as a vehicle for spiritual growth.
Come join our musical journey in Toronto, Ontario, and help us inspire our congregation through the universal language of music.